The life of our youth group has moved into summer mode which means that we break and pause around our bible camp’s schedule and around the schedule of other summer offerings of our church.
During this summer we have four regular youth group nights from 6:30 until 8:30 PM for all Jr. and Sr High Students. If your student can stay late, on July 3rd and August 21st we will host an after youth group movie night until about 10:30.
Here is the schedule for those four nights.
- July 3rd (The Hobbit)
- July 17th (special time and details TBA)
- August 14th
- August 21st (scavenger hunt during youth group, movie to follow)
I look forward to getting to know better our new 6th grade students and those that we have already had the opportunity to work with and I’m trusting that they will enjoy being a part of our group and that they will be strengthened in their faith.
I look forward to see you all soon
Special Events and Trips This Summer
2. June 26-27 - The 30 Hour Famine - Spend 30 hours giving up food while serving to make a difference in the lives of those without our resources. We will be in the cities serving at Union Gospel Mission and Feed my Starving Children followed by sleeping at Ebenezer LBC in Minneapolis. On Thursday we return back to LeSueur to serve in our area. We begin on June 27th at 8:30 AM and students should begin fasting at this time. Students are asked to take a fundraising envelope and raise support for those in need around the world.
3. July 10th - Hiking for Cupcakes - On July 10th we invite you to join us as we go hiking at Minnehaha Falls followed by gourmet cupcakes. Please bring a bagged lunch and $3. We will departs at 10 am and return around 5pm.
4. July 13th - Summer Water fun with the Mootz family in Waterville —We depart at 10 am from WOL Church and we will return at 5pm. There is no cost but parents are welcome (needed) to come with and help chaperone this event. We hope to have canoes to use, a pontoon boat, tubing, swimming off of a dock and a floating dock, opportunities to fish and so much more. Please sign up and parents, please let us know if you can join us.
5. Beach Trip—July 17th - Join us for our beach trip from 10 am—5 pm. The cost is $1. We will be going to Madison Lake to enjoy the beach. We also need drivers so if you are a parent and able to drive, please let me know.
6. Messy Night July 24th at 6 pm - We are going to make a mess as students compete in a series of tasks that will leave them covered in slime and totally dirty and disgusting. Bring clothes that you don't care about and plastic bags. You will not be allowed into church except to use the bathroom and you will have to walk on tarps to get there.
7. Farm Fun - And the last scheduled offering will be our end of the summer party at the Bigaouette on August 24th
Post a Comment